David J. Billings
Telephone: (213) 236-1614
Mr. Billings concentrates his practice in complex commercial and business litigation, with an emphasis on insurance, subrogation and recovery. Representing clients in state and federal courts, Mr. Billings has successfully defended an array of insurance coverage claims involving property, professional liability, financial institutions, fidelity, commercial crime and uninsured motorist coverage. He has litigated numerous adversarial proceedings before the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, including preference and non-dischargeability matters.
Prior to joining Anderson, McPharlin & Conners LLP, Mr. Billings litigated copyright, trademark and other entertainment related matters and contractual disputes. He has successfully argued insurance coverage, bad faith and non-dischargeability issues before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In his spare time, Mr. Billings – a native of Maine – enjoys many outdoor activities, including sailing, fly fishing and golfing.
- Southwestern University, J.D., 1994
- Westminster College of Salt Lake City, B.S.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial
- Directors and Officers
- Fidelity and Crime Insurance
- Financial Institutions
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Subrogation and Recovery
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, L.A. County Bar Association