Peter B. Rustin
Telephone: (213) 236-1645
Peter received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Connecticut College, Connecticut in 1978 and his Juris Doctorate from Washington College of Law, American University in 1982, where he graduated in the top 20% of his class. During law school, Peter served as Note and Comment Editor for the American University Law Review.
Prior to joining the firm, Peter spent several years with the Office of the General Counsel, United States Department of Housing and Urban Development in Washington, D.C. In addition, he worked for a private practice in Connecticut, where he specialized in appellate law, and successfully briefed and argued over 30 published decisions. In 1996 he moved to California and joined a small firm specializing in real estate and business disputes, with a concentration on defending real estate agents and brokers. He also regularly defends insurance agents/brokers, attorneys, appraisers and other miscellaneous professionals in professional liability litigation. He is actively engaged in litigating title and real property disputes, and represents educational and financial institutions.
Peter is a member of the District of Columbia Bar and the state bars of Connecticut, Maryland and California.
- American University, Washington College of Law,
- District of Columbia, 1982, J.D.
- Law Review: American University Law Review,
- Note and Comment Editor
- Connecticut College, 1978, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
Areas of Practice
- California State Bar, Real Property Section