Telephone: (213) 236-1653
Ms. Martinez-Genzon is a senior associate in the Los Angeles office of Anderson, McPharlin & Conners LLP. Her practice focuses on the representation of sureties in claims involving contract and commercial bonds. She has extensive experience in the investigation, analysis and resolution of bond claims and the pursuit of salvage recoveries through adverse litigation in both civil and bankruptcy proceedings. Ms. Martinez-Genzon has also represented the interests of sureties in administrative hearings, including hearings before the California Labor Commission involving non-payment of wages and fringe benefits.
In addition to her surety practice, Ms. Martinez-Genzon has experience handling complex insurance coverage disputes and litigation involving E&O and CGL policies. She has represented title insurers and property owners. She has also defended attorneys, brokers, escrow agents and other professionals in professional liability litigation.
- Business and Commercial
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Surety and Construction Bond
- University of Southern California, J.D. 2003
- University of Southern California, B.A. 2000
- B.A., Political Science & Psychology
- “Take the Money and Run – Not So Fast! A Surety’s Claim For Nondischargeability Of All Damages Arising From The Principal/Indemnitor’s Fraud” to the Fidelity & Surety Law Committee, TIPS Newsletter, June 2012.
- “Handling and Disposition of Fiduciary Bond Claims: Types of Claims and Damages” The Law of Probate Bonds, Second Edition.
- “Insurance Considerations for the Surety,” Article for Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, Spring 2016 Program.
Speeches and Presentations
“Insurance Considerations for the Surety,” Presenter at the Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, Spring 2016 Program.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Pasadena Bar Association
- Surety Claims Association of Los Angeles
- Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, Committee Chair
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Make-a-Wish Foundation of Greater Los Angeles, Wish Granter Volunteer