Sue Trazig Cavaco
Telephone: (702) 479-1020
Sue Trazig Cavaco, Esq., a native Las Vegan, has been a licensed attorney since 1996 She was previously an extern and law clerk to the Honorable Nancy Becker in the Eighth Judicial District Court. Throughout her career, Sue has handled all legal needs for business clients; participated first chair in trials, arbitrations and administrative hearings and has conducted and supervised all requisite pre-trial activities.
Currently, Sue continues to work with private business clients, as well as insurance and bank clients, in complex litigation matters in various jurisdictions. Sue has extensive experience in all phases of real estate litigation. Sue is also a seasoned trial attorney with numerous verdicts and summary judgment decisions to her credit. Sue has worked in multijurisdictional teams with her colleagues in various jurisdictions on behalf of clients and has extensive local business relationships/contacts. She has handled matters in Nevada’s State, Justice, Federal and Bankruptcy Courts, as well as other jurisdictions on a Pro Hac Vice status. She has also represented clients in family law, collections and criminal matters.
Sue’s representative experience includes the following:
- Obtaining a dismissal of an action against credit union officer individually and credit union alleging breach of contract and tort claims stemming from a commercial loan transaction.
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of bank client in a US District of Nevada action alleging mortgage fraud and wrongful foreclosure.
- Defending and successfully settling gross negligence claims asserted by the FDIC in the US District of Nevada against former officers and directors of failed Nevada bank.
- Successfully interpleading various bond funds and obtaining Court Orders exonerating clients and related bonds in Nevada State Court.
- Negotiating dismissal of several sub-contractors in action instituted by union for general contractor’s alleged failure to pay sums due and owing to union under collective bargaining agreement.
- Business and Commercial
- Construction Litigation
- Directors and Officers
- Fidelity and Crime Insurance
- Financial Institutions
- Lender and Escrow Liability
- Products Liability
- Real Estate and Real Property Litigation
- Specialty Casualty Defense
- Surety and Construction Bond
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California, 1995 J.D.
- University of Redlands, California, 1992 B.A.
- Political Science and History
- Completed Honors Thesis in History
- Nevada Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court Ninth Circuit
- Pro Hac Vice in: U.S. District Courts of Arizona,
- Idaho and Utah
- Author “Advanced Legal Drafting For Nevada Paralegals,” National Business Institute/Institute for Paralegal Education, 2002
- Author “Demonstrative Evidence During Trial,” National Business Institute, 1998
Speeches and Presentations
- Presenter “Advanced Legal Drafting For Nevada Paralegals,” National Business Institute/Institute for Paralegal Education, 2002 and 2006
- Clark County Bar Association
- Nevada Bar Association
- Real Property Section Member
- American Bar Association
Sue participates in the Clark County Bar Association’s Trial by Peers and Job Shadow programs, as well as the State Bar of Nevada’s “Ask a Lawyer” and Law Day events. Sue, likewise, gives back to her hometown through her pro bono work as a volunteer truancy judge through the Clark County Bar Association. Sue is also active in her local Soroptimist International club, working to improve the lives of women and girls in Las Vegas and nationally, where she currently heads up community service.