Thomas J. Kearney
Telephone: (213) 236-1623
Since 1990, Mr. Kearney has handled all phases of professional liability, insurance, and commercial litigation, including pretrial discovery and motion practice, expert witness discovery, mediation and arbitration, court and jury trials, and related writs and appeals. He has experience in most types of complex litigation. He has three published and numerous unpublished decisions.
Mr. Kearney defends attorneys, insurance and real estate professionals, appraisers, and other miscellaneous persons and entities in professional liability litigation and has represented insurance carriers in related coverage matters. His insurance experience includes litigating subrogation, coverage, bad faith, and extra-contractual issues in first and third party matters and related indemnity claims. He also handles general civil and contract matters, the defense of significant personal injury and product liability claims, and real estate contract/escrow disputes, as well as commercial litigation and transportation‑related claims.
Tom has earned an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell which reflects his excellence, ability, and professional standards of conduct.
- McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, A.B., International Relations, 1980
- All U.S. District Courts in California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Privacy and Data Security
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Specialty Casualty Defense
- Subrogation and Recovery
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Member, The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Member, Litigation Section, California State Bar
- Former Panel Counsel, California Association of Realtors
- Member, Upper Hastings Ranch Association
- Former Member, Cal South, Protest, Appeals and Disciplinary Committee
- Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity