William R. Larr
Telephone: (213) 236-1616
Mr. Larr’s practice started with surety litigation in 1974, after serving as a First Lieutenant in the United States Army Reserves, and transitioned to title insurance litigation in 1976. Mr. Larr was a Vice-President and manager of the in-house litigation department at Safeco Title Insurance Company for three years and thereafter has been in private practice representing title insurers and their insureds. In addition to working with other law firms, Mr. Larr was a principal of his own law firm in Pasadena for sixteen years prior to joining Anderson, McPharlin, and Conners LLP. Mr. Larr has been lead counsel in numerous jury and court trials in state and federal courts over his forty two years of practice and also has extensive appellate experience, including ten published appellate decisions, one of which he successfully argued before the California Supreme Court. Mr. Larr has also served as a court-appointed Mediator for the Los Angeles Superior Court.
In his spare time, Mr. Larr enjoys fly-fishing, playing in golf tournaments, and spending time with his family.
Bill’s representative experience includes the following:
- Kaufman v Gross (1979) 23 Cal. 3d 750;
- Allstate Savings and Loan Assoc. v Lotito (1981) 116 Cal. App. 3d 998;
- Battle v Kessler (1981) 149 Cal. App. 3d 853;
- Prichard v Reitz (1986) 178 Cal. App. 3d 465;
- Negron v Dundee (1990) 221 Cal. App. 3d 1502;
- 1119 Delaware v Continental Land Title Ins. Co. (1993) 16 Cal. App. 4th 992;
- Soman Properties v Rikuo Corporation (1994) 24 Cal. App. 4th 471;
- Curry v Moody (1995) 40 Cal. App. 4th 1547;
- JPMorgan Chase Bank v Banc of America Practice Solutions (2012) 209 Cal. App. 4th 855;
- Rey Sanchez Investments v Superior Court (2016) 244 Cal. App. 4th 259.
- University of Colorado School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1973
- University of California, Berkeley, A.B., Economics, 1970
- California Bar Association, 1974
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1974
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2015
- “A Primer on Title Insurance”, California Litigation, Journal of the Litigation Section of the State Bar of California, November, 2002
- Contributing Author, Insurance Litigation (Title Insurance Chapter), Rutter Group, 2004 – 2008