Business and Commercial
- Winning complete defense verdict and full recovery on counterclaim for national hardware distributor in lawsuit by retailers claiming RICO conspiracy to drive retailers out of business.
- Defending national health care provider against civil RICO and fraud claims and criminal investigations for admissions and billing practices, resulting in company-saving resolutions of all actions.
- Securing landmark Supreme Court of California decision on non-reviewability of arbitral awards, including reversal of appellate decision and reinstatement of six-figure judgment on counterclaim of franchisee initially sued by franchisor.
- Negotiating multimillion-dollar settlements for former CEO, CFO, and general counsel of international bank in executive compensation dispute.
- Winning summary judgment on behalf of financial institution on claims of violations of due process and civil rights.
- Obtaining nonsuit ruling in financial elder abuse claim against a financial institution.
- Obtaining summary judgment of negligence claim against financial institution based on the plaintiff’s allegations that the financial institution improperly allowed a relative who had a valid power of attorney over their mother’s assets to withdraw money from an account.
Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Obtaining Missouri Court of Appeals decision affirming summary judgment for national insurance company accused of conspiring to drive public insurance adjusters out of business.
- Defending home furnishings manufacturer in rescission action brought by products liability insurer following accident with manufacturer’s product.
- Obtaining multimillion-dollar recovery against staffing agency’s former officer in trade secrets lawsuit to protect client list and other confidential information.
- Obtaining summary judgment for traffic control systems supplier alleged to have infringed patent.
Labor and Employment
- Defense verdict in sexual harassment trial involving admitted sexual activity by employees on duty.
- Winning complete defense verdict in a former restaurant employee’s disability discrimination, failure to accommodate and alleged violations of FMLA matter.
- Winning complete defense verdict in a breach of employment contract matter wherein the plaintiffs sought over $750,000 in damages.
- Obtaining multimillion-dollar recoveries against manufacturer and installer of hazardous building material that caused $100 million fire and destroyed major steel plant.
- Defense of insurance broker against claims by named payee under property policy after insurer denied property damage claim.
- Defense of insurance broker in investigation by New York Attorney General for alleged kickbacks by insurers.
- Obtained multimillion-dollar recovery for large warehousing/logistics employer against workers’ compensation insurance broker for mishandling insurance placement and reporting.
- Successful defense of patent attorneys against allegations by Japanese corporation of over billing and alleged malfeasance in dispute over alleged infringement of international chemical patents.
- Obtained dismissal of business loss/interruption claims by toy manufacturer against insurance broker under cargo and property policies arising out of West Coast Port slowdown.
- Summary judgment for insurance broker in $50 million claim for alleged theft of master videotapes of internationally-famous astrologer after insurer denied coverage(now handling appeal).
- Successful defense of TPA against multi-million dollar claims alleging mishandling of construction defect and personal injury claims and alleged misapplication of primary and excess policy deductibles.
- Defense of worldwide insurance broker against claims of alleged improper placement of alternative Workers’ Compensation program declared void by California Insurance Commissioner.
- Successful defense of construction funds administrator and commercial RV seller under miscellaneous professional liability policies.
- Obtained favorable settlement in federal action by court-appointed receiver represented by DLA Piper against attorneys acting as trustees arising out of transactions later determined to be Ponzi scheme.
- Defended attorney in malpractice action involving multimillion dollar claims of copyright infringement by Bob Marley estate after trial in Nevada District Court (Las Vegas).
- Obtained favorable settlement in attorney malpractice action for client accused of conflict of interest in representing nutritional supplements company.
- San Bernardino Superior Court defense jury verdict in less than ½ hour in attorney fraud/malpractice action.
- Successful defense of attorney in malpractice action arising out of FINRA arbitration, including recovery of attorneys’ fee award.
Public Law and Representation
- Winning summary judgment on behalf of international airport board in equal protection lawsuit by adjoining landowners seeking to block runway-expansion project.