Jane is a senior litigation attorney with over 31 years of diverse civil litigation experience. She has extensive expertise in handling premises liability, product liability, personal injury, automobile collisions, commercial and residential lease liability, professional liability, and construction defect matters. Jane also has extensive experience in defending law enforcement entities, including the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department and the Los Angeles Police Department. In addition to having tried cases in both state and federal courts, she has argued before appellate courts. She has also achieved success at trial when Plaintiffs obtained jury verdicts that fell below statutory settlement offers made by the defense, often resulting in recovery of costs for clients. Jane honed her trial skills at a week-long intensive National Institute for Trial Advocacy course. She has also participated in over 400 successful mediations.
Ms. Randolph’s trial experience includes the following:
- Defense verdict following 2-week trial in the United State District Court, Downtown Los Angeles, arising out of unfair debt collections violations and violations of the ADA.
- Defense verdict following an 8-week long trial in Compton defending 13 Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department personnel against charges related to excess force and false imprisonment.
- Defense verdict following a 2-week long legal malpractice trial in Burbank, arising out of an estate planning matter. The defense verdict was the result of two motions for non-suit, after Plaintiffs’ opening statement and after Plaintiffs rested their case. The trial court’s rulings were upheld on appeal.
- Defense verdict following a 2-week long personal injury trial in Pomona arising out of a fatal automobile collision at a construction site.
- Defense verdict following a 4-week product liability trial in Long Beach, arising out of a fatal accident involving heavy machinery at the Long Beach Port.
- Defense verdict following 5 day commercial lease dispute trial in Los Angeles, arising out of a water leak at a building in the garment district.
- Favorable settlement after “hung jury” following a 7-day trial in Los Angeles, arising out of a fire at a rental property located in Laurel Canyon, causing damage to numerous pieces of artwork.
Ms. Randolph has also achieved success at trial when Plaintiffs obtained jury verdicts that fell below statutory settlement offers made by the defense, often resulting in recovery of costs for Ms. Randolph’s clients.